Distance: 126.9 miles (down from 131.4 in June)
Time Spent Running: 32:16:41 (up from 29:34:16 in June)
Elevation Gain: 17,311 ft (up from 14,387 in June)
THE BIG PICTURE:
While my overall mileage was slightly down for the month, I made consistent gains in both time spent running and elevation gain, which is fantastic (and, arguably, more important). July saw the official start of my structured training plan for Indian Creek, and so far I've done a pretty good job of sticking to the plan. I can't expect every month to be a massive improvement from the previous month, but as long as I can keeping inching forward in my health and fitness, then I'm happy!
- Time on feet went up.
- I'm spending more time running! 32+ hours on my feet is a new monthly high for me. It's easy to get out the door when I'm discovering new trails and routes. :)
- Elevation gain up.
- I have no idea how I continue to see increases in this number, but it's happening and I'll take it! I used to dread the idea of a hilly run (which is silly, considering that my marathon PR is on a hilly course), but now I'm really starting to enjoy the ups and downs.
- Nutrition getting better.
- I like to celebrate victories that aren't based on numbers (although I suppose technically you could say my weight is a number). I've started really focusing on eating high quality foods in reasonable portions, and I'm down by about 3-4 lbs of body fat (hovering around 11.6%). But more importantly, I'm starting to feel better.
- Strength training.
- My strength training circuit has taken a bit of a back seat in the grand game of "How Much Time Do I Have Today," and I'd like to re-incorporate those exercises into my week.
Okay, that's all for now! Let's go run!